The Annals of Psychotherapy & Integrative Health® is seeking well-written articles that discuss innovative work, case studies, and research findings in the field of psychotherapy or integrative health.
Manuscripts must meet the following guidelines:
- The Annals will not consider manuscripts that have been submitted to any other publication.
- Must be emailed to email@example.com as a Microsoft Word document.
- Must be double-spaced with one-inch margins.
- Include a title page with the article title, author(s) name, degrees, affiliation, and contact information.
- Submissions containing references must include in-text citations and a reference list.
- Manuscript must strictly adhere to the style of the American Psychological Association (APA style).
- Include a one-paragraph biography of the author at the end of the paper.
- Include all authors' résumés or curricula vitae.
Continuing Education Submissions
Empirical research manuscripts submitted as continuing education articles must be more than 4,000 words and include the following additional components:
- An article abstract of no more than 120 words.
- A list of three to five keywords that express the precise content of the manuscript (used for indexing purposes), positioned immediately following the abstract.
- A list of at least three learning objectives covering the main points of the manuscript, positioned immediately following the key words.
- A minimum of six multiple-choice test questions that adequately cover the material highlighted in the learning objectives (used to offer continuing education credit through journal learning).
- In-text citations and a reference section that both strictly adhere to the style of the American Psychological Association (APA style).
To submit, email your manuscript to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail the manuscript on a CD (labeled with identifying information) to:
Annals of Psychotherapy & Integrative Health
2750 E. Sunshine
Springfield, MO 65804
If necessary, accompanying materials, such as photographs, may be emailed or mailed as well.
Check the manuscript for content and style (correct spelling, punctuation and grammar; accuracy and consistency in the citation of figures, tables, and references; stylistic uniformity of entries in the references section; etc.). Ensure that all required sections of the manuscript are completed (abstract, bio, resume, key words, learning objectives, and multiple-choice questions).
Annals of Psychotherapy & Integrative Health® reserves the right to edit manuscripts for grammar, length, and clarity. Annals of Psychotherapy & Integrative Health® reserves the right to maintain complete creative control over the appearance of the final product, e.g. design considerations and selection of accompanying illustrations and photographs.
Illustration, Photos, and Tables
All illustrations and photos (including drawings, diagrams, and charts) must be numbered in one consecutive series of Arabic numerals. Type the captions for illustrations on a separate page. Photographs should be large, glossy prints, showing high contrasts. Identify figures on the back with author's name and number of the illustration, if applicable.
If emailing photos, please use .jpg format, leave the picture as large as possible, and use at least 300 dpi. Attachments must be lower than 3 megabytes to go through our email system.
Tables must be numbered and referred to by number in the text. Each table should be typed on a separate page. Center the title above the table and type explanatory footnotes (preferably indicated by super-script lowercase letters) below the table.
2012 Submission Deadlines
Deadline for Article & Feature Submissions: 2/7/12
Column Submissions: 3/23/12
Review Process: 2/8/12 to 3/7/12 (4 ½ weeks)
Final Editorial Preparations and Design Finalizations: 3/18/12 to 3/29/12 (3 weeks)
Anticipated In-Hand Date: 6/6/12
Deadline for Article & Feature Submissions: 5/14/12
Column Submissions: 6/29/12
Review Process: 5/15/12 to 6/12/12 (4 weeks)
Final Editorial Preparations and Design Finalizations: 6/13/12 to 7/4/12 (3 weeks)
Anticipated In-Hand Date: 9/12/12
Deadline for Article & Feature Submissions: 8/13/12
Column Submissions: 8/27/12
Review Process: 8/31/12 to 9/24/12 (4 weeks)
Final Editorial Preparations and Design Finalizations: 9/25/12 to 10/16/12 (3 weeks)
Anticipated In-Hand Date: 12/28/12
By submitting a manuscript to Annals of Psychotherapy & Integrative Health®, the author(s) certifies that the material has not been, and will not be, submitted to any other publication prior to its appearance in Annals of Psychotherapy & Integrative Health®.
All articles are reviewed individually by three members of the Examiner's editorial advisory board who will recommend one of four courses of action: accept, accept with recommended changes, reject, and reject with the option to rewrite. Based on these recommendations, a final decision will be made regarding the manuscript.
The author's identity always remains unknown to the reviewers throughout the entire peer-review process, which may take several months. Once completed, the author will be notified of the decision and sent the review comments.
Authors will receive two complimentary copies of the journal in which their article appears. Additional copies may be purchased separately.